For Candidates in CNMI who have Passed the Uniform CPA Exam
In order to become a licensed CPA in CNMI, applicants must complete a minimum of one year (and no more than three years) of experience totaling at least 2,000 hours.
Experience can be earned in academia, industry, government, or public practice.
- Applying for a CPA license in CNMI must be done online through NASBA
- Application fee – $330
- CPA licenses are renewed every three years
- The renewal period runs from September 30th through December 31st
- Renewal fee – $330
Continuing Professional Education Requirements
The CPE renewal cycle is the same as the three-year license renewal cycle. The following requirements must be met during that period:
- Complete 120 CPE hours
- At least 20 CPE hours must be completed each year
- Four of these CPE hours must be completed in ethics