For Candidates in Connecticut that have not Taken the Uniform CPA Exam
The Connecticut Board of Accountancy maintains five distinct program areas that make up the regulatory environment for CPAs in the state:
- Quality review
- Continuing education
Applicants for the Uniform CPA Exam in Connecticut ARE NOT required to have 150 semester hours of college credit in order to sit for the exam.
- Grand Canyon University - Bachelor's and Master's in Accounting
- SNHU - A.S. in Accounting, B.S. in Accounting, and M.S. in Accounting
- Capella University - BS Accounting CPA Pathway
- Capella University - MBA Accounting CPA Pathway
Connecticut’s CPA Exam applicants are required to have a bachelor’s degree with a concentration in accounting from a college or university accredited by a regional accrediting commission or its equivalent as determined by the Connecticut Board of Accountancy. The degree program must include:
- At least 24 semester hours (36 quarter hours) in accounting
- 24 semester hours in accounting-related courses like economics or finance
- A business law course is required
Connecticut does not have any citizenship, age or residency requirements for CPA Exam applicants.
Examination Fee Requirements
In addition to an application fee of $135, candidates must pay a separate fee for each of the exam’s four sections. Candidates may take one, two, three or all four sections of the exam at one sitting. The Notice to Schedule expires six months from the date it is issued.
Total fees for all four sections are $743.20. Individual section fees in Connecticut are:
- Auditing and Attestation (AUD) – $195.35
- Business Environment & Concepts (BEC) – $176.25
- Finance Accounting & Reporting (FAR) – $195.35
- Regulation – $176.25
The Uniform CPA Examination is administered by Prometric. Testing centers in Connecticut are located in the following cities:
It is necessary to pass all four sections with a score of 75 percent or better.
Already passed the CPA Exam and looking for additional licensing requirements in Connecticut? – Click Here