For Candidates in Maryland who have Passed the Uniform CPA Exam
Maryland requires that applicants for licensure complete at least 2,000 hours of experience within the three-year period before submitting their application.
This experience must be earned under the supervision of a currently licensed CPA.
Applicants for CPA licensure in Maryland must complete at least 30 additional semester hours, for a total of 150 semester hours, and hold a bachelor’s degree at minimum.
Ethics Exam Requirement
Applicants for CPA licensure in Maryland must complete the AICPA ethics exam before submitting their application.
- Maryland candidates must submit an application for initial licensure
- This can be done online through the Maryland Board of Public Accountancy
- There is a licensing fee of $22
- CPA licenses are renewed every two years through the Maryland Board of Public Accountancy
- Renewal fee – $56
Continuing Professional Education Requirements
CPAs in Maryland must renew their licenses every two years, and within that time the following CPE requirements must be met:
- Complete at least 80 CPE hours
- Four of these hours must be in ethics
- CPA’s applying for license renewal for the first time do not need to fulfill any CPE requirements