For Candidates in Missouri who have Passed the Uniform CPA Exam
The Missouri State Board of Accountancy requires that candidates complete at least one year (no more than three years, and at least 2,000 total hours) of experience prior to licensure.
This experience must be endorsed by a licensed CPA and can be gained through employment in academia, government, industry, and/or public practice.
Ethics Exam Requirement
CPA licensure candidates must pass the Missouri ethics exam, administered through the Missouri Society of Certified Public Accountants.
- Applicants must submit an initial license to practice form
- Applicants must pay an initial licensure fee of $90
- CPA’s must renew their licenses every two years
- Renewal fee – $80
Continuing Professional Education Requirements
The Missouri State Board of Accountancy has a three-year long CPE cycle during which time license holders must complete at least 120 CPE hours
- A minimum of 20 hours must be completed each calendar year
- A minimum of six hours must be in ethics courses