For Candidates in Pennsylvania that have not Taken the Uniform CPA Exam
The Pennsylvania Board of Public Accountancy is responsible for the licensing, practice standardization, investigation, and discipline of CPAs licensed in the state. The board is one of the largest in the nation, having a total of fifteen members.
There are two non-appointed members, the Director of the Bureau of Consumer Protection and the Commissioner of Professional and Occupation Affairs, as well as thirteen Governor-appointed members, consisting of nine licensed CPAs, three public members, and one non-certified public accountant.
- Grand Canyon University - Bachelor's and Master's in Accounting
- SNHU - A.S. in Accounting, B.S. in Accounting, and M.S. in Accounting
- Capella University - BS Accounting CPA Pathway
- Capella University - MBA Accounting CPA Pathway
Applicants for the Uniform CPA exam in Pennsylvania must apply through NASBA after satisfying the requirements laid out by the Pennsylvania Board of Public Accountancy.
Pennsylvania’s CPA exam applicants are NOT required to earn 150 semester hours of college credit in order to qualify to take the exam.
Applicants must hold at least a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university consisting of:
- A minimum of 120 total semester hours
- A minimum of 24 semester hours in accounting covering the following subjects:
- Accounting and auditing
- Business law
- Applicants for examination must be at least 18 years old
- Applicants must submit official transcripts from each college and university attended directly to CPAES
- Transcripts must be issued from the office of the Registrar
- There is no residency or citizenship requirement for taking the CPA exam in Pennsylvania
The following fees must be paid before a candidate can take the CPA exam in Pennsylvania:
- Application fee – $95
- Registration fee – $95 regardless of how many sections are being taken
- Examination fees:
- Auditing and Attestation (AUD) – $192.03
- Financial Accounting and Reporting (FAR) – $192.03
- Business Environment and Concepts (BEC) – $172.51
- Regulation (REG) – $172.51
Pennsylvania’s Prometric testing centers are located in:
- Clarks Summit
Already passed the CPA Exam and looking for additional licensing requirements in Pennsylvania? – Click Here