For Candidates in South Dakota that have not Taken the Uniform CPA Exam
The South Dakota Board of Accountancy is the regulatory agency that administers and enforces all laws and rules that govern certified public accountants operating in the state.
All applicants for the Uniform CPA Examination in South Dakota must complete at least 150 semester hours of post-secondary education.
This education must result in a bachelor’s or graduate degree from a regionally accredited college or university OR the completion of an educational program deemed equivalent to an accounting degree by the Board of Accountancy. In either case, education must include:
- Grand Canyon University - Bachelor's and Master's in Accounting
- SNHU - A.S. in Accounting, B.S. in Accounting, and M.S. in Accounting
- Capella University - BS Accounting CPA Pathway
- Capella University - MBA Accounting CPA Pathway
- 24 semester hours of undergraduate or graduate accounting courses
- Accounting courses must include one class in elementary principles of accounting as well as one class in each of the following subjects:
- Intermediate or advanced accounting
- Cost accounting
Examination Fee Requirements
All CPA examination applicants in South Dakota must pay a $30 fee upon submitting a Uniform CPA Initial Examination Application form.
Applicants are also required to pay a fee for each examination section they intend to sit for:
- Business Environment and Concepts–$202.51
Prometric test centers in South Dakota can be found in:
- Rapid City
- Sioux Falls
Already passed the CPA Exam and looking for additional licensing requirements in South Dakota? – Click Here