For Candidates in Utah who have Passed the Uniform CPA Exam
Candidates that wish to become licensed CPAs in the state of Utah must complete one full year, at least 2,000 hours, of CPA experience under the direct supervision of a licensed CPA.
Candidates must complete at least 150 semester hours of post-secondary education before they can apply for licensure in the state of Utah.
Ethics Exam Requirement
Candidates must successfully complete the AICPA Professional Ethics Exam. The minimum passing grade for the exam is a 90%.
- Candidates applying for licensure in Utah must submit an application for licensure to Utah’s Division of Occupational and Professional Licensing
- CPA licenses can be renewed online every two years by September 30th
- The renewal fee for CPA licenses is $63
- There is an initial licensing fee of $85
Continuing Professional Education Requirements
The state of Utah has a two-year CPE cycle that begins on January 1st of even numbered years and runs until December 31st of odd numbered years. The following CPE requirements must be met during that cycle:
- Completion of 80 CPE hours
- If an applicant is not initially licensed for the full two years, they will be required to complete 10 CPE hours for each full quarter of licensure