For Candidates in Vermont who have Passed the Uniform CPA Exam
Vermont requires that potential CPAs complete at least one year of accounting experience under a licensed CPA.
Experience can be gained in both the public and private sectors.
Candidates for licensure in Vermont must complete at least 150 semester hours, including at least 42 semester hours in accounting related subjects.
Ethics Exam Requirement
Candidates for licensure in Vermont must complete the AICPA’s ethics course.
- The initial licensing fee in Vermont is $75
- CPA licenses are renewed biannually on July 31st of odd numbered years
- The renewal fee is $120
Continuing Professional Education Requirements
CPAs in Vermont must complete at least 80 CPE hours during the two-year validity period of their license.
- At least 8 CPE hours must be in the fields of accounting and auditing
- At least 4 CPE hours must cover ethics
- New licensees must complete only 40 CPE hours for each full year they have been licensed