Vermont CPA Exam Requirements

For Candidates in Vermont that have not Taken the Uniform CPA Exam

The Vermont Board of Public Accountancy is made up of five members appointed by the Governor. The board concentrates on maintaining the highest practice standards among Vermont’s CPAs, protecting the general public by upholding those standards, and licensing applicants qualified to become CPAs in the state.

CPA exam applicants must apply through NASBA to take the Uniform CPA exam in Vermont.

Sponsored Content

Education Requirements

Vermont’s Uniform CPA Exam applicants are NOT required to earn the full 150 semester hours of college education required for licensure in order to sit for the exam.

Applicants must earn at least a bachelor’s degree with 120 semester hours that include the following course distribution:

  • At least 30 semester hours in accounting and business
    • 6 semester hours of financial or managerial accounting
    • 3 semesters of auditing
    • 3 semesters of business law
    • 3 semesters of taxation

General Requirements

  • Applicants must submit official transcripts from all colleges and universities to CPAES
    • Transcripts must be issued by the office of the Registrar, but can be submitted by the applicant themselves
  • There is no residency or citizenship requirement for taking the CPA exam in Vermont
  • Applicants must provide a recent 2×2 photograph
    • Must be of head and shoulders only
  • The minimum passing grade for each testing section is a 75

Fee Requirements

  • Application fee – $220
  • Registration fees:
    • Four examination sections $110
    • Three examination sections $95
    • Two examination sections $80
    • One examination section $65
  • Examination fees
    • Auditing and Attestation (AUD) – $192.03
    • Financial Accounting and Reporting (FAR) – $192.03
    • Business Environment and Concepts (BEC) – $172.51
    • Regulation (REG) – $172.51

The Prometric testing site in Vermont is located in the city of Williston.

Already passed the CPA Exam and looking for additional licensing requirements in Vermont? – Click Here