For Candidates in Wyoming that have not Taken the Uniform CPA Exam
The CPA licensing process and practice standards in Wyoming are regulated and monitored by the state Board of Certified Public Accountants from its office located in the capital city of Cheyenne. The Board consists of five members appointed by the governor, four of which are CPAs.
The Wyoming Board of Certified Public Accountants (BOCPA) has established specific requirements that must be met in order for candidates to sit for the Uniform CPA Exam or obtain licensure.
CPA Exam candidates in Wyoming are required to satisfy all education requirements for licensure in order to sit for all four parts of the exam. This includes satisfying the full 150 semester hour requirement or earning a graduate degree within 90 days of taking the first section of the exam:
- Grand Canyon University - Bachelor's and Master's in Accounting
- SNHU - A.S. in Accounting, B.S. in Accounting, and M.S. in Accounting
- Capella University - BS Accounting CPA Pathway
- Capella University - MBA Accounting CPA Pathway
The 150 hour minimum requirement must include 24 hours of upper-level accounting courses and 24 hours of business courses (these cannot overlap).
The business courses must include some or all of the following:
- Business Law
- Business Communications
- Quantitative Methods
- Technical Writing
- Information Systems/Technology
- Candidates must be at least 18 years old
- Candidates must be residents of Wyoming, employed in the state or graduates of the University of Wyoming
- Wyoming has no U.S. citizenship requirement
Examination Fee Requirements
In addition to the initial application fee of $110 to sit for the CPA exam, there is a separate fee for each of the exam’s four sections. Candidates have the option of taking one, two, three or all four of the exam sections at one sitting. Section fees are:
- Auditing and Attestation (AUD) – $195.35
- Business Environment & Concepts (BEC) – $176.25
- Finance Accounting & Reporting (FAR) – $195.35
- Regulation – $176.25
There is an application fee of $50 to re-take the exam.
The computerized Uniform CPA Examination is administered by Prometric which has test centers in the following Wyoming cities:
- Casper (307-472-0030)
- Cheyenne (307-778-4313)
- Laramie (307-766-2188)
Already passed the CPA Exam and looking for additional licensing requirements in Wyoming? – Click Here